Monday, February 27, 2012

Busy February and tapping Maple Tree's

Whew, February has been quite busy.  It has been so warm in my AO that I have actually started my March and April "To Do list" already.

One task that I had to do in early March was to tap my maple tree's, but with the very warm weather, I figured that if I didn't do it now, I might not get a chance to do it before it got too warm.

I have never done this before, but after reading pretty extensively and it doesn't seem to be much to it.  Drill a hole, get the spile, tap the tree, get the liquidy goodness.

I only have 2 tap-able tree's, so I won't get a ton of usable sap, but I mainly just want enough to know that I can do it and develop the tools and the skills needed to consistently repeat it.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to hear how it goes. I hope you will post some pictures.

    ReplyDelete